Already a Zoo Crew member and looking to schedule a shift?
Your login name is the e-mail address that you gave us in your application and your password is your ID Number (which is the last four digits of your phone number).
Teen Volunteer Program
Zoo Crew is a volunteer opportunity open to teens in 8th-12th grade. All Zoo Crew teen volunteers will learn important leadership & communication skills while being a part of a passionate team!
Teens joining the program in 2015 have the opportunity to begin as a Zoo Crew CIT (Counselor in Training), helping camp counselors keep campers safe and engaged in games, songs, crafts, and more.
After the first summer of Zoo Crew, all Zoo Crew members can apply to be a Junior Keeper and work alongside our animal keepers (please note that this has limited availability). Once the busy season winds down, Zoo Crew members can still participate in activities such as volunteering for special events, service projects and field trips throughout the year.
If you have questions about any of these opportunities, please contact the Zoo Crew Coordinator at ZooCrew@rwpzoo.org, or at (401) 785-3510 x 408.
Find out more about how to become a:
Zoo Crew Teachers: We are currently not accepting Zoo Crew Teacher applications for the 2015 season. Please check back in December 2015.
Zoo Crew CIT (Counselor-in-Training)
- - Acquire professional job experience while earning volunteer service hours
- - Be a role model for ZooCampers and a representative of Roger Williams Park Zoo
- - Help with the general operation of ZooCamp and supervision of campers
- - Assist the counselors in all aspects of camp
- - Help with the morning drop off/afternoon pickup of campers
- - Contribute to the creation and organization of activities, games & crafts
- - Assist Roger Williams Park Zoo in its mission to education and inspire
- - Enjoy working with children
- - Demonstrate responsibility & attention to safety
- - Interest in the conservation of the natural world
- - Enthusiasm
- - Redy to work with others
- - Willingness to learn
- - Availability during Winter or Spring School Vacation for training
CITs must be able to commit for at least five (5) weeks during Summer Camp, and attend either the Winter or Spring camp for training.
Ready to work with kids? Download the application! Deadline is February 1st, 2015.