Our family-based education programs, classes and clubs offer a wonderful way for the whole family to have fun while exploring and learning together!
Does your family want to save wild animals and wild places? Become an Earth Agent and spend Spring helping Roger Williams Park Zoo inspire your neighbors to make the world a better place for animals and their habitats. Earth Agents are families who will organize and host an event in their community to share simple ways to help our planet. Roger Williams Park Zoo will provide everything needed to get started!
Families must be able to attend an inaugural event on Saturday, March 21 and host their community event this Spring 2020. This program is limited to 20 families, so be sure to apply early.
Registration for 2020 Season is Closed.
Questions or interested in learning more about this program? Please contact EarthAgents@rwpzoo.org or call 401-785-3510 ext. 135. If registering online is not possible, please contact us.
Amphibian species are disappearing at an alarming rate across the globe due to habitat loss, pollution, and disease. FrogWatch trainings cover the importance of amphibians in the environment, how monitoring our local population helps to protect them, factors to consider in choosing a site to monitor, how to tell frog species apart by their calls and how to report findings to FrogWatch USA. Become a citizen scientist with FrogWatch USA, and help save our frogs!
- Sunday, February 23: 11:30 am – 1:30 pm Click HERE to Register
- Sunday, March 8: 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm Click HERE to Register
Price: $10/household (includes up to 2 adults and 2 children age 8+)
FrogWatch trainings cover the importance of amphibians in the environment. The instruction focuses on how to:
- monitor our local frog population to protect the species;
- determine factors when choosing a site to monitor;
- tell frog species apart by their calls; and,
- report findings to FrogWatch USA.
After passing a test on identifying frog calls at the end of the training, certified citizen scientists then commit to monitoring a local amphibian habitat (such as a pond or lake) approximately once a week for about 15 minutes and collecting/submitting data on what they hear. Data collected will be added to a national FrogWatch USA database.
Important note: FrogWatch trainings will cover a large amount of information and protocols. While FrogWatching is a great after-dark family activity for all ages, the trainings are designed for interested older children and adults.
Questions? Contact Programs@rwpzoo.org or call (401) 785-3510 ext. 358.
Join us for an hour of nature play before the zoo opens! Designed for families who have a child with sensory sensitivities, come and play in Hasbro’s Our Big Backyard from 9 to 10 a.m. Build mud pies, watch boats float downstream and climb high in a tree-house. Limited to 70 participants, this hour will allow you and your family to spend time playing in nature, in a smaller group of guests.
Try something new:Imagination playground, a large-scale building toy, will be available for guests to use during this time. This amazing play material allows you to create tall towers, build ramps and create cities, all at your own pace.
The Nature Swap room will be available with books and carpet squares for families who need a quiet space during the event.
Time: 9:00 - 10:00 am
Pricing: Regular Zoo admission ($12.95/child; $15.95/senior; $17.95/adult); Free for RWPZoo members
- May 9 - Click HERE to Register
- May 23 - Click HERE to Register
- June 13 - Click HERE to Register
- July 11 - Click HERE to Register
- July 25 - Click HERE to Register
- August 8 - Click HERE to Register
- August 22 - Click HERE to Register
- September 12 - Click HERE to Register
- September 26 - Click HERE to Register
Please note: Rise & Play is free for Roger Williams Park Zoo members, but you must log into your account and pre-register!
These programs get you up close and personal with the animals and staff of the Zoo before it opens to the public! All programs include breakfast, interaction with zookeepers, and a sneak peek into the premiere level of care Roger Williams Park Zoo animals receive.
Cost: $55 RWP Zoo members, $65 Non-members
Dates & Themes:
- Breakfast with the Giant Otters (Ages 7+):
- Saturday, January 25 (rain or shine) SOLD OUT
- Breakfast with the Moon Bears (Ages 7+):
- Sunday, March 29 (rain or shine) SOLD OUT
- *The behind-the-scenes components of this program are not wheelchair accessible. Some climbing over rocks required.
For all Breakfast with the Animals programs:
- Breakfast with the Animals is rain or shine. Tickets are non-refundable.
- Ticket price includes a hot breakfast buffet, program, and admission to the Zoo post program.
- Participants age 15 and younger must be accompanied by a registered adult.
- Pre-registration is required.
Snooze at the Zoo for the wildest family overnight adventure in town! The night begins with pizza and ice cream before educators engage you and your child(ren) in hands-on activities, program animal encounters, and a Zoo tour by flashlight. Set-up your sleeping bags in the Meller-Danforth Education Center with popcorn and a movie to snooze to. You’ll need your zzzzs before waking up with the animals! A light breakfast will be provided before a morning Zoo tour.
Time: 6:30 pm - 10:00 am
- Members: $100 per parent/child pair; $50 per additional participant.
- Non-members: $110 per parent/child pair; $55 per additional participant.
Dates & Themes:
Saturday, July 18: Wild Workplace - Working in a zoo can be WILD! Enter the world of zoo careers in in a family overnight about animal and veterinary care, research, conservation and education. Click HERE to Register
Saturday, July 25: Creatures of the Night - When the sun goes down, many animals are just waking up. Learn about creatures of the night and the adaptations that enable them to survive in a world of darkness. Even dissect an owl pellet! Click HERE to Register
- There must be at least a 1:3 parent/child ratio
- This program is not designed for adults without children
- There are no refunds unless program is cancelled by the Zoo.
All requests to change the date of your program must be made at least 48 hours prior to the start of your scheduled program. Requests are not guaranteed and are dependent upon availability. A fee of $20 per program participant will be assessed when any change to your program date is made.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or call (401) 785-3510 ext 358.
Have you ever wanted to visit the Bronx Zoo? Take the headache out of traveling and journey with us. Sit back, relax and enjoy a day with family and friends at an award-winning zoo with more than 4,000 animals.