As Manager of Family Programs, I oversee programming that gives individuals and families a chance to get involved with the Zoo beyond a Zoo visit including: Zoo Camp, Snore & Roar, Scout Safari Night, Breakfast with the Animals, FrogWatchUSA, and Roots & Shoots.
It’s easy to get overwhelmed by the challenges our natural world is facing, but every day I am reminded of a very important reason to be hopeful – the children and families that support the zoo and participate in our programs. Every person that learns to love a snake, decides to recycle or develops a greater love and respect of animals because of a visit to the zoo motivates me in every way!
- B.S. Conservation Science, Muskingum University with minors in Business, German, Philosophy & Biology
- Conservation Psychology Institute - Antioch University
Career Highlights & Past Work Experience:
- Committee Member of Association of Zoos & Aquariums Conservation Education Committee
- AZA Conservation Grants Fund & AZA Education Award Reviewer
- Overnight & Scout Program Coordinator at Buttonwood Zoo
- ZooKeeper/Exhibit Curator with Clyde Peeling’s Reptiland
- Americorps Member with Ocean State Environmental Education Collaborative