- Zoo Calendar
- Carousel Villiage Calendar
- Zoo Hours - Seasonal
- Carousel Hours - Seasonal
- At the Zoo
- At the Carousel
- Free with Zoo Admission
- Zoo Camp
- Family & Educational Programs
- Special Events & Celebrations
- Scheduled Closings
Come experience the array of foods and delicious sweets from a variety of vendors at this magnificent event. Take a ride on the historic Carousel, or hop onboard the Carousel Express train (weather permitting). Plus, admission is free! Bring a chair or blanket, and sit on the lawn. Food Trucks accept cash, credit, and debit.
- Saturday, April 15th – September 30th (weekly on Friday's)
Time: 5:00 pm
Tap into your wild side at Brew at the Zoo, an adults-only evening event, and sample more than 170 beers from 80+ local, regional and national brewers. Enjoy live musical entertainment by Niteflies and Farm Dog band, animal encounters and more at Rhode Island's largest outdoor beer festival.
Date: Saturday, August 27, 2022
4-8PM VIP ADMISSION..................$90.00 *limited number of tickets available!
- Includes all General Admission benefits PLUS express check-in to the event one-hour early at 4 pm. Meet the brewers and sample some of their limited edition/premium beers before the crowd!
5-8PM GENERAL ADMISSION.......$70.00
- Includes commemorative souvenir pint glass (while supplies last), unlimited beer samplings, live band entertainment, animal encounters, and more!
- Responsibly enjoy the event with your friends! Includes all General Admission perks, minus the alcohol plus a voucher valid for a snack and a soft drink.
- Tickets for Brew at the Zoo are non-refundable.
- Photo ID is required for entry. ID check will begin 30 - 45 minutes prior to event start.
- No one under the age of 21 (including infants) will be allowed, no exceptions.
- Take note of “driving while intoxicated laws” and plan accordingly. Providence Police will be on site.
- Promotional photos and video will be taken at the event and, by attending, you grant permission for your likeness to be used.
- We reserve the right, in our discretion, to remove any individuals for, including but not limited to, intoxication, fighting and rudeness.
- We reserve the right to check all bags. Backpacks are not allowed.
- Hydration stations will be available.
- No outside glassware allowed. All beer must be sampled from tasting cup provided.
- Tickets are non-refundable. Event is rain or shine.
- Please drink responsibly and HAVE FUN!
Rise and shine with the Zoo’s herd of African elephants in this exclusive experience before the Zoo opens. We’ll start with an al fresco hot breakfast buffet before joining the zookeepers that care for the elephants to learn about elephant diets, care, training and more. Guests will venture into the elephant yard to help prepare it for the day by providing enrichment and diet for our beloved elephant girls! Breakfast includes: slices of seasonal fresh fruit, freshly baked breakfast pastries, farm raised scrambled eggs, delicious crispy home-fried potatoes, and crispy hickory smoked bacon. Provided beverages include: orange juice, coffee and tea.*
Capacity is limited to 30 participants and openings will not last long.
*Food and beverage offerings subject to change based on seasonal availability and other factors beyond our control
- Saturday, September 3rd – SOLD OUT
Time: 8:30 am
Cost: Members: $76 / Non-members: $96
PLEASE NOTE: Pre-registration is required. Ticket price includes a hot breakfast buffet, program, and admission to the Zoo post program. All children under 15 years old must be accompanied by a paid adult. The behind-the-scenes components of this program may not be wheelchair accessible. Navigating sandy and uneven surfaces will be required as will the ability to wear a mask for extended periods of time.
Yoga with the Elephants/Soulful in the Serengeti
Grab your mat, fill your reusable water bottle, and get ready to relax with a 60-minute yoga session situated alongside our iconic African elephants. Tom McGunigal, the certified yoga instructor will guide you through poses designed to calm your mind and strengthen your body, and the class is designed for ALL fitness levels. After the session, enjoy an informal Q&A with an educator and all-day zoo admission for the class day.
Date: Saturday, September 17, 2022 (rain date: September 18, 2022)
$40 per person
Each participant must bring their own yoga mat, water bottle, and face mask. All activities are held outside and will take place on a paved surface (you may bring an additional mat for added comfort, if you want).
- 7 AM: Check-in
- 7:30 AM: Class begins
- 8:30 AM: Class ends; post-class exhibit talk before guests adventure through the zoo.
- 9 AM: Zoo opens to the public and all attendees can explore the zoo!
This event takes place outdoors in the open-air of our African plaza. If heavy rains are forecasted, the class will be automatically rescheduled to Sunday, September 18, 2022. A decision about rescheduling will be made by the zoo at least 24 hours in advance. All participants will be notified via email, with the change also announced on the zoo's website and Facebook page. As a registrant, be sure you can attend BOTH sessions (September 17 & 18) so you do not miss out! All sales are final, and the zoo will not be granting weather-related refunds, nor will refunds, exchanges, or transfers be possible if you cannot attend the rain date.
Waivers, safety, & youth participation:
All participants must sign a waiver before they can participate. This waiver will be emailed to you before the class and must be completed before you enter the zoo. The zoo makes every effort to ensure a safe environment with this thoughtfully planned program, but no responsibility will be taken for any injuries you may incur during this practice. Please consult with your doctor to be sure yoga is safe and suitable for you, particularly if you have any pre-existing conditions. Additionally, you must be at least 16 years old to attend this experience.
For safety, all participants will be spaced 3 feet apart, in keeping with RI Department of Health guidelines. Because of this spacing, masks will not be required during the class.
Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, as parental consent is required for all minors. Be sure to also read all policies listed on the zoo's website, including general zoo policies and other event-specific information.
Meet the Instructor:
Tom McGunigal, RYT-200, has been practicing yoga for 3 decades and teaches at Thrive Moves in East Greenwich. Creating a lighthearted, optimistic atmosphere in class, Tom's motto is "Beginners are Winners."
Ready to join?
Buy online now! Advanced ticket purchase is required and this event tends to sell out. Tickets will not be sold on-site. Each attendee requires a ticket (see below for age qualifications).
- Who can participate?
- You must be at least 16 years old to attend this experience. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, as parental consent is required for all minors.
- What fitness levels can join?
- All fitness levels! This class features modifications for all fitness types.
- What should I bring?
- Each participant must bring their own yoga mat, water bottle, and face mask. These items are not available on-site.
- What happens if there is inclement weather?
- This event takes place outdoors in the open-air of our African plaza. As such, if the forecast shows rain, we will utilize the rain date of Sunday, September 18, 2022. If the raindate is needed, the decision will be made at least 24 hours in advance and all participants will be notified by email. There are no refunds for this ticket, and weather-related refunds are not granted because there is a rain date available. For this reason, please be sure you can attend both dates, just in case.
- Will masks be required?
- All participants must bring a mask with them. We respectfully ask you to wear a mask when interacting with staff, instructors, and fellow participants at close proximities. Some zoo areas also require masking. During the class, the choice to wear a mask is up to you, as ground markers will keep participants socially distanced from one another (per RI Department of Health requirements).
- Is a waiver required? Will my health conditions preclude me from participating?
- Yes, all participants must sign this waiver before they can participate. This waiver will be emailed to you before the class and must be completed before you enter the zoo. The zoo makes every effort to ensure a safe environment with this thoughtfully planned program, but no responsibility will be taken for any injuries you may incur during this practice. Please consult with your doctor to be sure yoga is safe and suitable for you, particularly if you have any pre-existing conditions.
- What if my family wants to join me at the zoo afterwards?
- We’d love to have them! Right now, RWPZ has a limited on-site capacity, so all tickets must be purchased online in advance. Please be sure to purchase additional tickets for your desired timeslot in advance, beginning as early as 9 AM. Popular times sell out quickly, so book yours today!
- How do I redeem my member discount?
- There is no member discount for this program.
- What if I can no longer make my session?
- Due to the limited nature of this program, refunds and reschedules are unavailable.
- Help! It’s sold out.
- We’ll be back with more sessions, stay tuned! Visit rwpzoo.org for periodic updates.
- I have a question. Who can I contact?
- Please contact the Group Sales team at GSales@rwpzoo.org with any questions you may have!