Our classes and clubs for kids ages 6 - 12 offer unique opportunities to explore our wild world through activities and up-close encounters with our education animals. Browse our offerings below and register online now for a guaranteed wild time at the Zoo! Programs are offered from September through May and themes change monthly.
A day off from school doesn’t have to mean a day off from learning, exploring, and making friends! These one-day camps will engage campers in a full day of crafts, hands-on and inquiry-driven activities, encounters with wild animal ambassadors, and a tour of the Zoo where each camper will get a chance to feed the goats in the Alex and Ani Farmyard.
Theme: Guess Zoo! A Who's Who of Your Zoo!
Come explore the animals of Roger Williams Park Zoo and learn what you and your favorite snack have in common with our animals and their favorite foods. Inquiry based activities, crafts and games along with animal encounters will surely provide a day off from school to satisfy any appetite.
Dates & Themes:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: January 20 - Omnivores Click HERE to Register
- Adventures (ages 6 - 11): 8:30 am
- Tadpole Academy (ages 4 & 5): 8:30 am
Time: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Price: Members $64 / Non-Members $72
- Ages 4 & 5: Tadpole Academy (max 10 per day, full day only)
- Ages 6 – 11: Adventures (max 30 per day, divided into smaller groups based on ages)
Please Note: If your desired day of camp is sold out, please contact programs@rwpzoo or (401) 785-3510 ext. 358 to be added to a waitlist.
Important Zoo-Cation Day Camp Info
- Registration deadlines are one week prior to your desired day of camp, but camps may sell out prior to deadlines.
- Campers must be the minimum age of each camp at the time of attending camp. Requirements are not negotiable and are strictly enforced. RWP Zoo reserves the right to cancel your registration if your camper does not meet the minimum age requirement.
- All Tadpole Academy campers must be completely toilet trained (requiring no assistance in the bathroom).
- Refunds, minus a $15.00 registration fee per camper per day camp, will only be given if requested at least four weeks prior to each Zoo-Cation Day Camp. For example, the final date for refunds for camp on Monday, November 11th is Monday, October 14th. Absolutely no refunds will be given after these dates.
- Pre-paid lunch options for full-day campers are available. For $6/day, choose from cheese pizza, a turkey sandwich, mac and cheese, a ham & cheese roll-up, or a veggie quesadilla, all with a juice box and a piece of fruit packaged in recyclable and compostable containers.
- Zoo-Cation Day Camp registrations do not include a ZooCamp t-shirt.
- After Care is available for $12/day per camper, last pick up is at 5:30pm
Mark Your Calendars - Our 3rd annual Youth Art Contest opens March 1, 2020!
In celebration of Endangered Species Day (May 15, 2020) Roger Williams Park Zoo is accepting art entries from local K-12 grade students and homeschoolers in the New England area depicting threatened/endangered species. Endangered Species Day is an opportunity to raise awareness about the importance of protecting endangered species, their habitats, and learn what we can do to help protect them.