It’s a wild world, and one that needs leaders passionate about animals, the environment, and conservation. These Conservation Heroes are active all over the world, but also right here in our backyard! In this one-week camp at the Zoo, campers will be empowered to become leaders in conservation through teambuilding and leadership activities, engage in inquiry activities, games and projects; and visit animals exhibits, meet animal ambassadors, and explore the outdoors. Each Conservation Heroes camper will receive a ZooCamp t-shirt, a chance to feed the goats in the ALEX AND ANI Farmyard, and a ZooCamp Access Pass.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 3:30 pm. Please Note: This is not a travel camp. Campers may be registerd for a maximum of one session of each theme. Registrations beyond this maximum will be cancelled.
Price: Members $270 / Non-Members $295
Theme - Odd Weeks: Investigating Ecosystems - Get tangled up in the complex web of ecosystem interactions! In this session campers will explore the delicate balance of these living systems and the challenges they face. We’ll encounter resilient species, study changing populations, and discover that it’s all connected.
Theme - Even Weeks: Inspired by Nature - What do planes, solar panels, and medicine have in common? They were inspired by living things in nature! This camp will discover the ways in which nature has sparked innovation and shaped inventions. Taking inspiration from extraordinary animals at the Zoo, we’ll explore problem solving through biomimicry design.
- Week 1: June 25-29 SOLD OUT
- Week 2: July 2-6 SOLD OUT
- Week 3: July 9-13 SOLD OUT
- Week 4: July 16-20 SOLD OUT
- Week 5: July 30 - August 3 SOLD OUT
- Week 6: August 6-10 SOLD OUT
- Week 7: August 13-17 SOLD OUT
- Week 8: August 20-24 SOLD OUT
Summer Sessions are Sold Out
Campers may be registered for a maximum of one session of each theme. Registrations beyond this maximum will be cancelled. To be placed on a wait-list, please contact email@example.com or call (401) 785-3510 ext. 358
- Registration for all ZooCamps begins at 9:00 am on Wednesday, January 10 at rwpzoo.org. Registration deadlines are two weeks prior to your desired week of camp, but camps may sell out prior to deadlines.
- Campers must be the minimum age of each camp at the time of attending camp. Requirements are not negotiable and are strictly enforced. RWP Zoo reserves the right to cancel your registration if your camper does not meet the minimum age requirement.
- Refunds, minus a $25.00 registration fee per camper, will be given through February 1, 2018 for Winter ZooCamps, April 1, 2018 for Spring ZooCamps, and June 1, 2018 for Summer ZooCamps. Absolutely no refunds will be given after these dates.
- $25 sibling discount applies to all ZooCamps. First registration at full price, $25 refunded for each sibling thereafter. Siblings must be registered within the same account.
- Pre-paid lunch options for full-day campers are available. For $6.00/day, choose from cheese pizza, mac and cheese, a veggie quesadilla, ham & cheese bites, or a turkey & cheese sandwich. All come with a 100% juice fruit punch and a piece of fruit packaged in recyclable and compostable containers.
- Each ZooCamper will receive a ZooCamp Access Pass, redeemable for one of many activities during a return Zoo visit. More details available at rwpzoo.org as the season approaches. All 2018 ZooCamp Access Passes expire Labor Day 2018.
- Aftercare 3:30 - 5:00 pm: For those parents that need a bit more time we offer after camp care Monday - Friday for $10/day per camper.