Now open daily 9 am - 4 pm. NOTE: The Zoo is open on Providence school holidays and vacation weeks. We have implemented enhanced protocols and procedures to help ensure the safety of guests, employees, volunteers and, of course, our animals. This includes social distancing, closure of some buildings, mask requirements and more.
Time ticketing procedures are in place. All tickets must be purchased ONLINE ONLY >. Last admission to the Zoo is 3:30 pm
Please read more below to ensure you and your family have a safe and enjoyable experience:
Roger Williams Park Zoo is adhering to the CDC’s guidance for mask-wearing in crowded public venues, such as our Zoo. Masks are still required for both vaccinated and non-vaccinated individuals both indoors and outdoors. Thank you for helping us keep our staff, animals and all our Zoo friends safe!
- Online timed-ticket reservations for guests and Zoo members with a set maximum capacity for each time frame.
- Clear social distance markers.
- Guests and employees are required to wear face coverings (covering nose and mouth) when on Zoo grounds. (Children under 2 and those with medical conditions are exempt)
- New hand-washing stations and hand sanitizer units have also been installed throughout the Zoo.
- Physical barriers and other safety related infrastructure changes.
- Building and Grounds staff are enhancing all safety and cleaning measures to ensure the already high standards followed for the safety of our animals, staff and guests.
Hasbro's Our Big Backyard and World of Adaptation is closed. High frequency, high touch play-based activities will not be available.
Faces of the Rainforest open with limited capacity. Faces of the Rainforest currently closes daily at 3:30 pm. Guests must be in line for the exhibit by 3:00 pm to be ensured entry.
Timed ticketing procedures are in place. Tickets are sold online only. No tickets will be sold at the gate.
All patrons, including members, must obtain tickets online for one of the following timeslots:
- 10 am, 11 am, Noon, 1 pm, or 2 pm.
- Guests are welcome to remain on Zoo grounds until 4:00 pm.
- Members are still required to reserve a timed ticket online ***Please see next dropdown box for detailed instructions.
Please have these items in-hand when you arrive:
- Face mask for each guest
- Pre-purchased admission tickets for each guest (printed tickets preferred; e-tickets also accepted)
- Members, have your e-membership card open and ready
Tickets are available online-only. Members must pre-register in advance by choosing one of the following timeslots: 10 am, 11 am, Noon, 1 pm, or 2 pm.
- Members must register (using primary membership email address and contact information) and sign in on the ticket webform to purchase their complimentary member tickets (contact Membership@rwpzoo.org with questions).
- Please note that due to software limitations the system does require a $5.00 transaction fee for all online purchases. Members will be automatically refunded the fee within 7-10 business days back to the card used for the transaction.
Watch this step-by-step guide for help when reserving your timed tickets.
Download your digital eMembership Card on the App Store or Play Store for fast and easy access.
Yes! Our zoo will proudly receive guests regardless of the forecast, so we encourage you to dress accordingly. In fact, all daytime zoo tickets are rain-or-shine. There are no refunds, rainchecks, or rescheduling available.
Explore & Soar is open weekends only. Starting Memorial Day, rides will operate daily (weather permitting).
Each timeslot is one hour long. You must arrive to the zoo within this hour window (ex: if you have a 1 PM ticket, be sure to enter the zoo between 1 – 2 PM). Once inside, you may explore the zoo for as long as you’d like, right up to the 4 PM closing.
Discounts are not currently available. This includes military discounts, reciprocal discounts, and AAA membership discounts. We do appreciate your support as every dollar goes toward caring for our animals. If you like what you see, please consider joining as a member – then you can visit free all year!
Those who have advanced tickets or complimentary tickets will be able to redeem their tickets on any visit day/time. These visitors will still need to show/surrender tickets at multiple checkpoints and also go through all entry procedures like any other guest.
Please be advised that you will have to provide your contact information to zoo staff, for Department of Health contact tracing purposes.
Ticket sales are final. Due to capacity limits, we cannot reschedule or refund your tickets. If you cannot make your scheduled time, we recommend sharing your non-member tickets with a friend or family members.
Yes! Our new food partner, SSA, will be open with increased cleaning procedures, grab-and-go options, limited contact sales/pick-up, and more.
Yes, the public is allowed to bring their own food into the Zoo. Also, please note that the Zoo does not have any secure storage facilities/lockers, so lunches and other materials must be carried with you. Picnic tables and outdoor seating is available.
We have picnic tables and tented areas open for the public, including near each restaurant, our Explore and Soar area (Adventure Tent), and a tented area in Upper Zoo near the gift shop (Event Tent). Right now, our indoor dining areas remain closed. All picnic tables are limited to one household per table.
Discover the Wild, the flagship gift store located in Upper Zoo, will still be open. This location has been modified with lower capacities to ensure social distancing. We strongly encourage credit card usage.
Feel free to bring your own! For added convenience, the zoo will also rent single strollers ($5), double strollers ($7), manual push wheelchairs ($5) and motorized wheelchairs ($25). All equipment is purchased on-site during your visit (online purchase not available). For contactless payment, credit cards are recommended.
Motorized wheelchair quantities are limited, so contact VisitorServices@rwpzoo.org with your name, date of visit, and timed ticket slot to reserve one in advance.
The carousel building is open: Weekdays 12 - 6pm & Weekends 11am - 6pm.
*NEW IN 2021 We’re sad to announce that due to protocols regarding COVID-19 the Zoo is forced to cancel free first Saturday of the month admissions for citizens of Providence. Instead residents of the City of Providence may pick up tickets when visiting select school-based, Grab and Go Meal locations:
- Alan Shawn Feinstein Elementary School at 1450 Broad St.
- DelSesto Middle School at 152 Springfield St.
- Nathan Bishop Middle School at 101 Sessions St.
- Nathaniel Greene Middle School at 721 Chalkstone Ave.
- Gilbert Stuart Middle School at 188 Princeton Ave.
- Esek Hopkins Middle School at 480 Charles St.
- Roger Williams Middle School at 278 Thurbers Ave.
- Providence Career and Technical Academy/PCTA at 41 Fricker St.
For questions, please contact Christy Clausen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ticket numbers will be limited and may be used anytime throughout 2021. No tickets will be sold at the Zoo entrance. Thank you!