We are open for adventure! Your Roger Williams Park Zoo is open daily 9 am - 4 pm. Last admission to the Zoo is 3:30 pm We have implemented enhanced protocols and procedures to help ensure the safety of guests, employees, volunteers and, of course, our animals. Please read more below to ensure you and your family have a safe and enjoyable experience!
PLEASE NOTE: Current RWPZoo members no longer need to reserve a timed ticket in advance. Timed-entry ticket requirements continue to remain in effect for non-members and must be prepurchased online.
- Online timed-ticket reservations for guests and Zoo members with a set maximum capacity for each time frame.
- Clear social distance markers.
- New hand-washing stations and hand sanitizer units have also been installed throughout the Zoo.
- Physical barriers and other safety related infrastructure changes.
- Building and Grounds staff are enhancing all safety and cleaning measures to ensure the already high standards followed for the safety of our animals, staff and guests.
Hasbro's Our Big Backyard including the Drip Drop Water Garden is closed for the summer season.
High frequency, high touch play-based activities will not be available.
Faces of the Rainforest is open 10:00 am - 4:00 pm with limited capacity. Guests must be in line for the exhibit by 3:30 pm to be ensured entry. *Due to the nature of this exhibit and its free-roaming monkeys, ALL guestas are required to wear a mask inside the building.
World of Adaptations and Contact Yard is open daily!
Timed ticketing procedures are in place for non-RWPZoo members. Tickets are sold online only. No tickets will be sold at the gate.
All non-member patrons, must obtain tickets online for one of the following timeslots:
- 10 am, 11 am, Noon, 1 pm, or 2 pm.
- Guests are welcome to remain on Zoo grounds until 4:00 pm.
- Members are required to reserve a timed ticket online through June 4. Beginning June 5, current RWPZoo members will no longer need to reserve a timed ticket in advance. ***Please see next dropdown box for detailed instructions.
RWPZoo members no longer need to reserve a timed ticket in advance. Just show your digital membership card and a photo ID at any ticket booth for entry on the day of your visit.
Download your digital eMembership Card on the App Store or Play Store for fast and easy access.
The Zoo is following the state of Rhode Island’s recommendations and guidelines regarding mask wearing.
- Vaccinated guests will NOT be required to wear a mask.
- Unvaccinated guests WILL BE required to wear a mask when 3’ separation cannot be maintained outdoors.
- Vaccinated guests will NOT be required to wear a mask except when entering the Zoo’s Faces of the Rainforest exhibit
- Unvaccinated guests WILL BE required to wear a mask when entering all indoor locations.
- Please note: For the safety of our free-roaming animals, ALL GUESTS will be required to wear a mask when entering the Zoo’s Faces of the Rainforest exhibit.
Thank you for helping us keep our staff, animals and all our Zoo friends safe!
Yes! Our zoo will proudly receive guests regardless of the forecast, so we encourage you to dress accordingly. In fact, all daytime zoo tickets are rain-or-shine. There are no refunds, rainchecks, or rescheduling available.
Explore & Soar, including the Soaring Eagle zip ride and Woodlands Express train ride, is open operate daily (rides are weather permitting).
Each timeslot is one hour long. You must arrive to the zoo within this hour window (ex: if you have a 1 PM ticket, be sure to enter the zoo between 1 – 2 PM). Once inside, you may explore the zoo for as long as you’d like, right up to the 4 PM closing.
An active zoo membership card from the zoo at which you are a member AND an additional ID are required for reciprocal entry to Roger Williams Park Zoo. If you do not have these to show at the ticket window, regular admissions fees will apply. Definition of "family" for reciprocal purpose: 2 adults and 2 children (meaning only 2 adults and 2 children will be admitted at a reduced rate.)
We do appreciate your support as every dollar goes toward caring for our animals. If you like what you see, please consider joining as a member – then you can visit free all year!
Those who have advanced tickets or complimentary tickets will be able to redeem their tickets on any visit day/time. These visitors will still need to show/surrender tickets at multiple checkpoints and also go through all entry procedures like any other guest.
Ticket sales are final. Due to capacity limits, we cannot reschedule or refund your tickets. If you cannot make your scheduled time, we recommend sharing your non-member tickets with a friend or family members.
Yes! Our new food partner, SSA, will be open with increased cleaning procedures, grab-and-go options, limited contact sales/pick-up, and more.
Yes, the public is allowed to bring their own food into the Zoo. Also, please note that the Zoo does not have any secure storage facilities/lockers, so lunches and other materials must be carried with you. Picnic tables and outdoor seating is available.
We have picnic tables and tented areas open for the public, including near each restaurant, our Explore and Soar area (Adventure Tent), and a tented area in Upper Zoo near the gift shop (Event Tent). Right now, our indoor dining areas remain closed. All picnic tables are limited to one household per table.
Discover the Wild, the flagship gift store located in Upper Zoo, will still be open. This location has been modified with lower capacities to ensure social distancing. We strongly encourage credit card usage.
Feel free to bring your own! For added convenience, the zoo will also rent single strollers ($5), double strollers ($7), manual push wheelchairs ($5) and motorized wheelchairs ($25). All equipment is purchased on-site during your visit (online purchase not available). For contactless payment, credit cards are recommended.
Motorized wheelchair quantities are limited, so contact VisitorServices@rwpzoo.org with your name, date of visit, and timed ticket slot to reserve one in advance.
The carousel building at Carousel Village is open: daily 11:00 am - 6:00 pm.
*NEW IN 2021 We’re sad to announce that due to protocols regarding COVID-19 the Zoo is forced to cancel free first Saturday of the month admissions for citizens of Providence. Instead residents of the City of Providence may pick up tickets when visiting select school-based, Grab and Go Meal locations:
- Alan Shawn Feinstein Elementary School at 1450 Broad St.
- DelSesto Middle School at 152 Springfield St.
- Nathan Bishop Middle School at 101 Sessions St.
- Nathaniel Greene Middle School at 721 Chalkstone Ave.
- Gilbert Stuart Middle School at 188 Princeton Ave.
- Esek Hopkins Middle School at 480 Charles St.
- Roger Williams Middle School at 278 Thurbers Ave.
- Providence Career and Technical Academy/PCTA at 41 Fricker St.
For questions, please contact Christy Clausen at email@example.com.
Ticket numbers will be limited and may be used anytime throughout 2021. No tickets will be sold at the Zoo entrance. Thank you!