It’s a wild world, and one that needs leaders passionate about animals, the environment, and conservation. These Conservation Heroes are active all over the world, but also right here in our backyard! In this one-week camp at the Zoo, campers will be empowered to become leaders in conservation through teambuilding and leadership activities, engage in inquiry activities, games and projects; and visit animals exhibits, meet animal ambassadors, and explore the outdoors. Each Conservation Heroes camper will receive a ZooCamp t-shirt, a chance to feed the goats in the ALEX AND ANI Farmyard, and a ZooCamp Access Pass.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 3:30 pm.
Please Note: This is not a travel camp. Campers may be registerd for a maximum of one session of each theme. Registrations beyond this maximum will be cancelled.
Price: Members $270 / Non-Members $295
Summer 2019 sessions are SOLD OUT!
To be placed on a wait-list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (401) 785-3510 ext. 358
Theme - Odd Weeks: Wild by Design - A 21st-century Zoo is a place for education, conservation, and research. We will discover careers at the Zoo, from zookeepers to exhibit designers to educators, and learn how working together can make a difference for animals and the environment. Campers will ask themselves “what would I do if I ran a Zoo?” and design their own!
Theme - Even Weeks: Zoo Science Investigation - Science rules! Moreover, the future of our planet depends on it. In this curiosity-filled week, campers will explore the science behind protecting the planet’s wild animals and wild places through inquiry, experimentation, and innovation. As the week progresses, campers will use the scientific process to design their own experiments and directly contribute to scientific research.
- Week 1: June 24 - 28 - SOLD OUT
- Week 2: July 1 - 5 - SOLD OUT
- Week 3: July 8 - 12 - SOLD OUT
- Week 4: July 15 - 19 - SOLD OUT
- Week 5: July 22 - 26 - 3 SOLD OUT
- Week 6: July 29 - August 2 - SOLD OUT
- Week 7: August 5 - 9 - SOLD OUT
- Week 8: August 12 - 16 - SOLD OUT
- Week 9: August 19 - 23 - SOLD OUT
Campers may be registered for a maximum of one session of each theme. Registrations beyond this maximum will be cancelled. To be placed on a wait-list, please contact email@example.com or call (401) 785-3510 ext. 358
- Registration for all ZooCamps begins at 9:00 am on Wednesday, January 9 at rwpzoo.org. Registration deadlines are two weeks prior to your desired week of camp, but camps may sell out prior to deadlines.
- Campers must be the minimum age of each camp at the time of attending camp. Requirements are not negotiable and are strictly enforced. RWP Zoo reserves the right to cancel your registration if your camper does not meet the minimum age requirement.
- Refunds, minus a $25.00 registration fee per camper, will be given through February 1, 2019, for Winter ZooCamps, April1, 2019, for Spring ZooCamps, and June 1, 2019, for Summer ZooCamps. Absolutely no refunds will be given after these dates.
- $25 sibling discount applies to all full week ZooCamps. First registration at full price, $25 applied to each sibling thereafter. Siblings must be registered within the same account.
- Pre-paid lunch options for full-day campers are available. For $6.00/day, choose from cheese pizza, mac and cheese, a veggie quesadilla, ham & cheese bites, or a turkey & cheese sandwich. All come with a 100% juice fruit punch and a piece of fruit packaged in recyclable and compostable containers.
- Each full week ZooCamper will receive a ZooCamp Access Pass, redeemable for one of many activities during a return Zoo visit. More details available at rwpzoo.org as the season approaches. All 2019 ZooCamp Access Passes expire Labor Day 2019.
- All Tadpole Academy campers MUST be completely toilet trained (requiring no assistance in the bathroom).
UPDATED FOR 2019: Aftercare extended to 5:30 pm: For those parents that need a bit more time, we offer after camp care Monday – Friday from 3:30 - 5:30pm for $12/day per camper.