Registration for 2020 Winter, Spring & Summer ZooCamps now OPEN!
It’s a wild world, and one that needs leaders passionate about animals, the environment, and conservation. These Conservation Heroes are active all over the world, but also right here in our backyard! In this one-week camp at the Zoo, campers will be empowered to become leaders in conservation through teambuilding and leadership activities, engage in inquiry activities, games and projects; and visit animals exhibits, meet animal ambassadors, and explore the outdoors. Each Conservation Heroes camper will receive a ZooCamp t-shirt, a chance to feed the goats in the ALEX AND ANI Farmyard, and a ZooCamp Access Pass.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 3:30 pm.
Please Note: This is not a travel camp. Campers may be registerd for a maximum of one session of each theme. Registrations beyond this maximum will be cancelled.
Price: Members $270 / Non-Members $295
To be placed on a wait-list, please contact email@example.com or call (401) 785-3510 ext. 358
Theme - Even Weeks: Dirty Jobs - The world of conservation is full of dirty jobs, but it's also full of passionate people willing to do them in order to accomplish amazing things for our environment, communities, and animals. These Conservation Heroes are active everywhere, from the far side of the globe to right here in our backyard! We'll learn about champions of local conservation, animal welfare, climate change and more... and maybe get a little dirty in the process.
Theme - Odd Weeks: Zoo Mysteries - Calling out all sleughs! The natural world is full of mysteries, and for each one solved another dozen remain. From answering the whys and hows of crazy adaptationas to looking at new animal discoveries and more, we will examine recently solved mysteries, explore those that remain unanswered and maybe discover a few more in the process! Curiosity required.
- Week 1: June 22 - 26 Click HERE to Register
- Week 2: June 29 - July 3 Click HERE to Register
- Week 3: July 6 - 10 Click HERE to Register
- Week 4: July 13 - 17 Click HERE to Register
- Week 5: July 20 - 24 Click HERE to Register
- Week 6: July 27 - 31 Click HERE to Register
- Week 7: August 3 - 7 Click HERE to Register
- Week 8: August 10 - 14 Click HERE to Register
- Week 9: August 17 - 21 Click HERE to Register
- Week 10: August 24 - 28 Click HERE to Register
Campers may be registered for a maximum of one session of each theme. Registrations beyond this maximum will be cancelled. To be placed on a wait-list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (401) 785-3510 ext. 358
Important ZooCamp Info
- Registration for all ZooCamps begins at 9:00 am on Wednesday, January 8 at rwpzoo.org. Registration deadlines are two weeks prior to your desired week of camp, but camps may sell out prior to deadlines.
- Campers must be the minimum age of each camp at the time of attending camp. Requirements are not negotiable and are strictly enforced. RWP Zoo reserves the right to cancel your registration if your camper does not meet the minimum age requirement.
- Refunds, minus a $25.00 registration fee per camper, will be given through February 1, 2020, for Winter ZooCamps, April 1, 2020, for Spring ZooCamps, and June 1, 2020, for Summer ZooCamps. Absolutely no refunds will be given after these dates.
- $25 sibling discount applies to all full week ZooCamps. First registration at full price, $25 applied to each sibling thereafter. Siblings must be registered within the same account.
- *New Pre-paid lunch options for full-day campers in 2020. For $8.00/day, choose from Macaroni and Cheese, Hot Dog, Turkey Sandwich, or Pizza Roll. All lunch options come with a side of fresh fruit, chips and a drink.
- Each ZooCamper will receive a ZooCamp Access Pass, redeemable for one of many activities during a return Zoo visit. More details available as the season approaches. All 2020 ZooCamp Access Passes expire Labor Day 2020.
- For those parents that need a bit more time, we offer after camp care Monday – Friday from 3:30-5:30 for $12/day per camper.
Please view the 2020 ZooCamp Handbook and FAQ documents for more details.