Located a 1/4 mile away from the Zoo is the Roger Williams Park Carousel Village offering fun and exciting activities for the whole family! Kids will enjoy the fully accessible Hasbro Boundless Playground open daily all year or board the Carousel Express (open seasonally). End your week at Food Truck Friday beginning April 15 - September 30 (weather-permitting) and enjoy a wide variety of delicious food vendors, live entertainment and more!
Follow signs throughout Roger Williams Park for directions to the Carousel Village, which is located just by the park's boat house. Click here for a full list of rules for the safety and protection of the guests and Carousel.
Hours of Operation:
- January 1 - 31 | Closed
- February 1 - March 31 | Weekends 12 - 4pm
- April 1 - June 30 | Weekdays 12 - 6pm & Weekends 11am - 6pm
- July 1 - Labor Day | Daily 11am - 6pm
- Post Labor Day - Oct. 31 | Daily 12 - 4pm
- November – December | Weekends 12 - 4pm
- Please Note: Carousel Village is open February and April School Vacation weeks and Spring Holidays* and for party/holiday rentals.
*School holidays are identified by the Providence Public School Department’s’ calendar.
Questions? Email Info@rwpzoo.org or call (401) 461-1099.
This historic Carousel features classic colonial horses, benches, and other real and mystical creatures to ride. (available February-December during normal Carousel hours)
- $2 per ride
- $20 for 12 rides
- RWP Zoo Members - $15 for 12 rides (That's four rides free!)
Please note: Children under the age of 4 must be accompanied by an adult.
All aboard the Carousel Express! This fun family-friendly premium train is designed for all ages (weather permitting).
- Open the same hours as the carousel (which change seasonally), weather-permitting
- Train Rides will also operate in the evenings during Food Truck Fridays, weather permitting*
Price: $3 per rider
- All ages can ride, and riders that cannot sit up on their own must be accompanied by an adult
- The train has a capacity of 18-28 people depending on the mix of riders
- All riders require tickets, but waivers aren’t needed.
- Train tickets are sold on-site only and available in-person at the carousel counter.
Please note: This seasonal activity is wheelchair accessible. We do not offer automated wheelchairs or carts.
There's no better way to enjoy the Carousel Village than with a day pass! Enjoy unlimited Carousel and train rides.
Price: $20 per pass
Please note: Some activities are weather permitting or have additional policies/age requirements. Day pass is only available while all activities are running April school vacation week through Labor Day dependent on weather.
The Carousel is always available for private events, birthday and holiday parties or any other event that will benefit from the Carousel's unique setting.
Questions? Contact GSales@rwpzoo.org or call (401) 467-0150.