This popular family destination is just a short distance away from the Zoo, offering year-round fun for children of all ages!
Located just a ¼ mile from the Zoo is Carousel Village, a year-round destination for the whole ages! Start your visit with the iconic carousel itself – an indoor ride for both kids and adults. Then, step outside to enjoy the Carousel Express – an all-ages premium train looping through the area (this train is open seasonally and weather-permitting). To complete your visit, don’t forget about the outdoor and fully-accessible Hasbro Boundless Playground, which is open for full all year long!
Don’t forget to end your week at Food Truck Friday – an outdoor food truck festival This weekly tradition is filled with delicious meals, live entertainment, and runs weekly through September 30, 2022 (weather-permitting).
Questions? Email VisitorServices@rwpzoo.org or call (401) 785-3510 ext. 690.
Carousel Village Hours
- February & March: Open weekends 12 – 4pm
- Also open daily during School Vacation Week – see below.
- April, May & June: Open daily. Weekdays, open 12 – 6pm & weekends, 11am – 6pm.
- Also open daily during School Vacation Week & holidays – see below.
- July – Labor Day: Open daily 11am – 6pm
- Post-Labor Day – October 31: Open daily 12 – 4pm
- November & December: Open weekends 12 – 4pm
- January: Closed to the public, and open exclusively for private events.
Note: School holidays are defined by the Providence Public School Department’s calendar.
Carousel Village Details & Pricing
Follow signs throughout Roger Williams Park for directions to the Carousel Village, which is located just by the park’s boat house.
This historic Carousel features classic colonial horses, benches, and other real and mystical creatures to ride. Join us for a wild ride!
- $2 per ride
- $20 for 12 rides
- RWP Zoo Members SAVE! Just $15 for 12 rides (that’s four rides free!)
Please note: Children under the age of 4 must be accompanied by an adult.
All aboard the Carousel Express! This fun family-friendly premium train is designed for all ages, and operates outdoors seasonally, weather permitting.
- Open April – October during carousel hours. Please note the hours do change throughout the year.
- This weather-permitting feature may close for current of forecasted inclement weather
- Train Rides will also operate in the evenings during Food Truck Fridays, weather permitting*
Price: $3 per rider
- All ages can ride, and riders that cannot sit up on their own must be accompanied by an adult
- The train has a capacity of 18-28 people depending on the mix of riders
- All riders require tickets, but waivers aren’t needed.
- Train tickets are sold on-site only and available in-person at the carousel counter.
Please note: This seasonal activity is wheelchair accessible. We do not offer automated wheelchairs or carts.
There’s no better way to enjoy the Carousel Village than with a day pass! Enjoy unlimited Carousel and train rides.
Price: $20 per pass
Please note: Some activities are weather permitting or have additional policies/age requirements. Day pass is only available while all activities are running April school vacation week through Labor Day dependent on weather.
Book a Private Event or Birthday at the Carousel Village
We love celebrating you! Carousel Village is a whimsical destination for birthday parties, family gatherings, baby showers, or events of all types! We even host fundraisers and races.