- Zoo Calendar
- Carousel Villiage Calendar
- At the Carousel
- At the Zoo
- Carousel Hours - Seasonal
- Family & Educational Programs
- Free with Zoo Admission
- Scheduled Closings
- Special Events & Celebrations
- Zoo Camp
- Zoo Hours - Seasonal
These 90-minute programs focus on a special animal or area of the Zoo and present opportunities for adult/child pairs to make discoveries together. Programs include a lesson, activity, a craft, an up-close encounter with one of our education animals and a walk to an exhibit. Please note this program does not include direct interaction with exhibit animals. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Please note: Due to the nature of the program and limited space,
- Additional adults cannot be accommodated.
- Younger or older siblings cannot be accommodated
- Members: $14 per child/adult pair
- Non-members: $42 per child/adult pair
Dates & Themes:
- December 2019 - Giant River Otters Click HERE to Register
- Sat 12/7 or 12/21..... 9:30 am or 12 pm
- Tues 12/3..... 9:30 am SOLD OUT
- Wed 12/4..... 9:30 am SOLD OUT
- Thurs 12/5..... 9:30 am or 1 pm
- Fri 12/6..... 9:30 am SOLD OUT
- January 2020 - Komodo Dragon Click HERE to Register
- Sat 1/4, 1/11, or 1/18..... 9:30 am or 12 pm
- Tues 1/7..... 9:30 am
- Wed 1/8..... 9:30 am
- Thurs 1/9..... 9:30 am or 1 pm
- Fri 1/10..... 9:30 am
- February 2020 - Birds of Prey Click HERE to Register
- Sat 2/1 or 2/8..... 9:30 am or 12 pm
- Tues 2/4..... 9:30 am
- Wed 2/5..... 9:30 am
- Thurs 2/6..... 9:30 am or 1 pm
- Fri 2/7..... 9:30 am
Please note: These Preschool Adventures programs does not include direct interaction with exhibit animals.
Pre-registration is required and ends 48 hours prior to the program. Refunds are only given if the program is cancelled by the Zoo. Requests to transfer the date of your registration must be received at least 48 hours in advance. A $5 fee will be charged when any change is made.
Please note that a minimum of 5 program participants is required to run a class. Participants will be notified one week before the scheduled class if a class has to be cancelled due to low enrollment.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (401) 785-3510 ext. 358.
This exciting 45-minute concert specifically geared towards our youngest Zoo guests promises to be fun for the whole family. The Rock-a-Baby trio will introduce the true stars of their show – “Rhythm, Melody and Harmony” - three silly and entertaining puppets who know a lot about music. Playing everything from well-known children’s songs to rock and pop classics - shake, dance and sing along as we explore fun musical concepts, play games, and boogie down.
Time: 10:30am - 11:15am (all concerts)
Price: $7.00 per participant (age 2 & older) Pre-Registration is required.
Dates & Themes:
- January 18 - Jump into Winter Click HERE to Register
- February 8 - Water, Water Everywhere Click HERE to Register
Please note: There are no refunds unless the Zoo cancels the program. We must receive requests to transfer the date of your registration at least 48 hours in advance. We cannot guarantee your requests that may be dependent upon availability. If there are any changes to your registration, there is a $5 fee.
This program fee does not include Zoo admission. You must purchase Zoo tickets at the Zoo entrance on the day of the concert. If you are a Zoo member, you may use your membership to enter the Zoo, so your only expense will be the Rock-a-Baby program fee! To be placed on a wait-list, please contact email@example.com or call (401) 785-3510 ext. 358
A day off from school doesn’t have to mean a day off from learning, exploring, and making friends! These one-day camps will engage campers in a full day of crafts, hands-on and inquiry-driven activities, encounters with wild animal ambassadors, and a tour of the Zoo where each camper will get a chance to feed the goats in the Alex and Ani Farmyard.
Theme: Guess Zoo! A Who's Who of Your Zoo!
Come explore the animals of Roger Williams Park Zoo and learn what you and your favorite snack have in common with our animals and their favorite foods. Inquiry based activities, crafts and games along with animal encounters will surely provide a day off from school to satisfy any appetite.
Dates & Themes:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day: January 20 - Omnivores Click HERE to Register
- Adventures (ages 6 - 11): 8:30 am
- Tadpole Academy (ages 4 & 5): 8:30 am
Time: 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
Price: Members $64 / Non-Members $72
- Ages 4 & 5: Tadpole Academy (max 10 per day, full day only)
- Ages 6 – 11: Adventures (max 30 per day, divided into smaller groups based on ages)
Please Note: If your desired day of camp is sold out, please contact programs@rwpzoo or (401) 785-3510 ext. 358 to be added to a waitlist.
Important Zoo-Cation Day Camp Info
- Registration deadlines are one week prior to your desired day of camp, but camps may sell out prior to deadlines.
- Campers must be the minimum age of each camp at the time of attending camp. Requirements are not negotiable and are strictly enforced. RWP Zoo reserves the right to cancel your registration if your camper does not meet the minimum age requirement.
- All Tadpole Academy campers must be completely toilet trained (requiring no assistance in the bathroom).
- Refunds, minus a $15.00 registration fee per camper per day camp, will only be given if requested at least four weeks prior to each Zoo-Cation Day Camp. For example, the final date for refunds for camp on Monday, November 11th is Monday, October 14th. Absolutely no refunds will be given after these dates.
- Pre-paid lunch options for full-day campers are available. For $6/day, choose from cheese pizza, a turkey sandwich, mac and cheese, a ham & cheese roll-up, or a veggie quesadilla, all with a juice box and a piece of fruit packaged in recyclable and compostable containers.
- Zoo-Cation Day Camp registrations do not include a ZooCamp t-shirt.
- After Care is available for $12/day per camper, last pick up is at 5:30pm
Take a trip to the tropics this winter and be one of the first to experience the new Faces of the Rainforest exhibit behind-the-scenes! After a hot breakfast buffet held in the nearby Meller-Danforth Education Center, you will join staff that care for the animals of the rainforest in opening for the day; preparing breakfast for the giant river otters, creating enrichment for some of the Rainforest residents, and inspecting life-support systems with the operations staff. Capacity is limited to 30 participants, so register today!
- Saturday, January 25 (rain or shine) SOLD OUT
Time: 8:30 am
Price: $55 RWP Zoo members; $65 Non-members
Please note: Tickets are non-refundable. Ticket price includes a hot breakfast buffet, program, and admission to the Zoo post program. Participants age 15 and younger must be accompanied by a registered adult. Pre-registraion is required. The behind-the-scenes components of this program are not wheelchair accessible. Climbing of stairs and walking on uneven surfaces will be required.
Scout Safari Night includes animal enrichment making, owl pellet investigation, keeper talks, animal encounters, conservation carnival, worm composting & seed planting, tours of the John J. Palumbo Veterinary Hospital, mad scientist lab, a commemorative Scout Safari Night patch and more! All while completing a variety of badge requirements.
Participants can also take part in a service project by collecting items for our animals wish list.
Date: Saturday, May 16, 2020 (Rain date: Sunday, May 17)
Time: 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Price: (RWP Zoo members receive a $3 discount/person.)
- Through April 8: $24 per participant age 2+
- April 9 - May 15: $29 per participant age 2+
- Walk-Ins May 16: $34 per participant age 2+
- $8 per participant age 2 - 4
- Free per participant age 1 and younger
Please note: Roger Williams Park Zoo Members receive a $3 discount per person on Scout Safari events. All participants age 15 and younger must be accompanied by a paid, registered adult. There are no refunds for Scout Safari Night registrations after April 8.
Questions? Contact Programs@rwpzoo.org or call (401) 785-3510 ext. 358.