- Zoo Calendar
- Carousel Villiage Calendar
- Zoo Hours - Seasonal
- Carousel Hours - Seasonal
- At the Zoo
- At the Carousel
- Free with Zoo Admission
- Zoo Camp
- Family & Educational Programs
- Special Events & Celebrations
- Scheduled Closings
Brighten your holidays and celebrate the magic of the season with Roger Williams Park Zoo!
Bring family and friends to experience Holiday Lights Spectacular – an all new walk-through experience just in time for the holidays. Join us on select nights November 26, 2021 – January 2, 2022, for a dazzling light display through the Zoo featuring festive larger-than-life luminous displays and over 1.5 million illuminated lights!
On show nights, the experience runs 5:00 – 9:30 pm. Tickets are timed-entry and available for purchase online only.
Dates: November 26 - 28; December 2 - 5; and December 9 - January 2. Closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Holiday Lights Spectacular is open rain or shine. NO REFUNDS OR RESCHEDULING.
Click HERE for tickets, weather policy, and FAQs.
Pricing: Available for purchase ONLINE ONLY and timed ticket entry requires pre-registration.
- Adult $12; child $10 (ages 2-12)
- Current RWP Zoo members: Adult $10; child $9 (ages 2-12) To receive the discount, you must be logged into your zoo membership account.
- Children one and younger are always admitted free.
Ring in some holiday cheer with Santa Claus himself! Santa will be spending time at Holiday Lights Spectacular on select nights, eager to meet with all his favorite children! Visits with Santa are available to each child (ages 12 and under) and families should plan to bring their own camera to snap photos,
Dates: Thursdays, December 2, 9, 16 & 23, 2021
Times: 5 – 7 PM each night
Please note: This FREE feature is available to anyone with a same-night Holiday Lights Spectacular ticket for the 5 or 6 pm timeslots only. Santa visits are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Be sure to bring your own camera to capture the magic, no photographer will be on-site.
Calling all dogs! Join us for Puparazzi Holiday Photos. We’ll have a holiday-themed backdrop and accessories for you to capture your pup’s holiday spirit! And don't forget to bring your own camera to capture the fun.
Pricing: $5 per pup. Online pre-registration required for this limited-capacity fundraiser - REGISTER HERE
Date: Saturday, December 4th from 2:00 - 4:00 pm
Stretch then Sloths: Yoga for all bodies and all climates
Grab your mat, fill your reusable water bottle, and get ready to relax with a 60-minute indoor yoga class. Tom McGunigal, the certified yoga instructor, will guide you through poses designed to calm your mind and strengthen your body in the class is designed for ALL fitness levels. After the class, you'll be escorted into the much-loved Faces of the Rainforest exhibit, where our keepers will showcase the zoo's tropical animals - including but not limited to otters, monkeys, toucans, and sloths. To top off a beautiful morning, all guests also receive a refreshing tea after class (courtesy of Spill the Tea) plus all-day zoo admission. You won't want to miss out!
Date: Saturday, January 8, 2022 (rain date Sunday, January 9, 2022)
$40 per person
Each participant must bring their own yoga mat, water bottle, and face mask. All activities are held outside and will take place on a paved surface (you may bring an additional mat for added comfort, if you want).
- 8 AM: Check-in
- 8:30 AM: Class begins
- 9:30 AM: Class ends; guests enjoy exclusive access to Rainforest building
- 10 AM: Zoo opens to the public and all attendees can explore the zoo!
This event takes place indoors and is considered a rain-or-shine event. Though reschedules and cancellations are extremely rare, Roger Williams Park Zoo reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes for any reason, including impending snowstorms. If needed, the "rain date" will be used for the reschedule. A decision about rescheduling will be made by the zoo at least 24 hours in advance. All participants will be notified via email, with the change also announced on the zoo's website and Facebook page. As a registrant, be sure you can attend BOTH sessions so you do not miss out! All sales are final, and the zoo will not be granting weather-related refunds, nor will refunds, exchanges, or transfers be possible if you cannot attend the rain date. Rain dates will use the original class timeframes and the rain dates are as follows:Sunday, January 9, 2021 (same time).
Waivers, safety, & youth participation:
All participants must sign a waiver before they can participate. This waiver will be emailed to you before the class and must be completed before you enter the zoo. The zoo makes every effort to ensure a safe environment with this thoughtfully planned program, but no responsibility will be taken for any injuries you may incur during this practice. Please consult with your doctor to be sure yoga is safe and suitable for you, particularly if you have any pre-existing conditions. Additionally, you must be at least 16 years old to attend this experience; any guest under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, as parental consent is required for all minors. Be sure to also read all policies listed on the zoo's website, including general zoo policies and other event-specific information.
Meet the Instructor:
Tom McGunigal, RYT-200, has been practicing yoga for 3 decades and teaches at Thrive Moves in East Greenwich. Creating a lighthearted, optimistic atmosphere in class, Tom's motto is "Beginners are Winners."
Ready to join?
Buy online now! Advanced ticket purchase is required and this event tends to sell out. Tickets will not be sold on-site. Each attendee requires a ticket (see below for age qualifications).
- Who can participate?
- You must be at least 16 years old to attend this experience. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, as parental consent is required for all minors.
- What fitness levels can join?
- All fitness levels! This class features modifications for all fitness types.
- What should I bring?
- Each participant must bring their own yoga mat, water bottle, and face mask. These items are not available on-site.
- What happens if there is inclement weather?
- This event takes place indoors. If the forecast shows rain, we will utilize the rain date of Sunday, January 9, 2022. If the raindate is needed, the decision will be made at least 24 hours in advance and all participants will be notified by email. There are no refunds for this ticket, and weather-related refunds are not granted because there is a rain date available. For this reason, please be sure you can attend both dates, just in case.
- Will masks be required?
- All participants must bring a mask with them. We respectfully ask you to wear a mask when interacting with staff, instructors, and fellow participants at close proximities. Some zoo areas also require masking. During the class, the choice to wear a mask is up to you, as ground markers will keep participants socially distanced from one another (per RI Department of Health requirements).
- Is a waiver required? Will my health conditions preclude me from participating?
- Yes, all participants must sign before they can participate. This waiver will be emailed to you before the class and must be completed before you enter the zoo. The zoo makes every effort to ensure a safe environment with this thoughtfully planned program, but no responsibility will be taken for any injuries you may incur during this practice. Please consult with your doctor to be sure yoga is safe and suitable for you, particularly if you have any pre-existing conditions.
- What if my family wants to join me at the zoo afterwards?
- We’d love to have them! Right now, RWPZ has a limited on-site capacity, so all tickets must be purchased online in advance. Please be sure to purchase additional tickets for your desired timeslot in advance, beginning as early as 10AM. Popular times sell out quickly, so book yours today!
- How do I redeem my member discount?
- There is no member discount for this program.
- What if I can no longer make my session?
- Due to the limited nature of this program, refunds and reschedules are unavailable.
- Help! It’s sold out.
- We’ll be back with more sessions, stay tuned! Visit rwpzoo.org for periodic updates.
- I have a question. Who can I contact?
- Please contact the Group Sales team at GSales@rwpzoo.org with any questions you may have!