- Zoo Calendar
- Carousel Villiage Calendar
- Zoo Hours - Seasonal
- Carousel Hours - Seasonal
- At the Zoo
- At the Carousel
- Free with Zoo Admission
- Zoo Camp
- Family & Educational Programs
- Special Events & Celebrations
- Scheduled Closings
Come experience the array of foods and delicious sweets from a variety of vendors at this magnificent event. Take a ride on the historic Carousel, or hop onboard the Carousel Express train (weather permitting). Plus, admission is free! Bring a chair or blanket, and sit on the lawn. Food Trucks accept cash, credit, and debit.
Dates: Fridays, Now - September 25, 2020
Time: Beginning at 5:00 pm
Please note: VIP reserved tables are available for $100. Reserved outdoor seating for up to eight people, and eight Carousel rides. To purchase a VIP table, click here>
If you’re looking for the perfect night out, then look no further. Sip and stroll through the Zoo during this special, adults-only event! Enjoy live musical entertainment by Farm Dog Band, amazing animal encounters, and photo-ops with RI Comic Con.
Guests will be able to purchase beer, wine, and specialty Zoo-themed cocktails at bars throughout the Zoo. Food options will also be available for purchase.
Experience the Zoo after hours… all without the kids!
- Event ticket includes full access to the Zoo including Faces of the Rainforest, Shades of Nature featuring the white alligator, and World of Adaptations.
- Guests must be 21 or older and will be required to show ID for alcoholic drink purchases.
- Soaring Eagle zip ride will be open – standard pricing applies.
- Guests can purchase event tickets online or at the door.
- Event is open rain or shine. Tickets are non-refundable.
- Outside food and/or beverages are not permitted.
- Promotional photos and video will be taken at the event and, by attending, you grant permission for your likeness to be used.
- Please drink (sip) responsibly and HAVE FUN!
Yoga with the Elephants/Soulful in the Serengeti
Grab your mat, fill your reusable water bottle, and get ready to relax with a 60-minute yoga session situated alongside our iconic African elephants. Tom McGunigal, the certified yoga instructor will guide you through poses designed to calm your mind and strengthen your body, and the class is designed for ALL fitness levels. After the session, enjoy an informal Q&A with an educator and all-day zoo admission for the class day.
Date: Saturday, August 14, 2021 (rain date: August 15, 2021)
$30 per person
Each participant must bring their own yoga mat, water bottle, and face mask. All activities are held outside and will take place on a paved surface (you may bring an additional mat for added comfort, if you want).
- 7 AM: Check-in
- 7:30 AM: Class begins
- 8:30 AM: Class ends; post-class exhibit talk before guests adventure through the zoo.
- 9 AM: Zoo opens to the public and all attendees can explore the zoo!
This event takes place outdoors in the open-air of our African plaza. If heavy rains are forecasted, the class will be automatically rescheduled to Sunday, August 15, 2021. A decision about rescheduling will be made by the zoo at least 24 hours in advance. All participants will be notified via email, with the change also announced on the zoo's website and Facebook page. As a registrant, be sure you can attend BOTH sessions (August 14 & 15) so you do not miss out! All sales are final, and the zoo will not be granting weather-related refunds, nor will refunds, exchanges, or transfers be possible if you cannot attend the rain date.
Waivers, safety, & youth participation:
All participants must sign a waiver before they can participate. This waiver will be emailed to you before the class and must be completed before you enter the zoo. The zoo makes every effort to ensure a safe environment with this thoughtfully planned program, but no responsibility will be taken for any injuries you may incur during this practice. Please consult with your doctor to be sure yoga is safe and suitable for you, particularly if you have any pre-existing conditions. Additionally, you must be at least 16 years old to attend this experience.
For safety, all participants will be spaced 3 feet apart, in keeping with RI Department of Health guidelines. Because of this spacing, masks will not be required during the class.
Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, as parental consent is required for all minors. Be sure to also read all policies listed on the zoo's website, including general zoo policies and other event-specific information.
Meet the Instructor:
Tom McGunigal, RYT-200, has been practicing yoga for 3 decades and teaches at Thrive Moves in East Greenwich. Creating a lighthearted, optimistic atmosphere in class, Tom's motto is "Beginners are Winners."
Ready to join?
Buy online now! Advanced ticket purchase is required and this event tends to sell out. Tickets will not be sold on-site. Each attendee requires a ticket (see below for age qualifications).
- Who can participate?
- You must be at least 16 years old to attend this experience. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, as parental consent is required for all minors.
- What fitness levels can join?
- All fitness levels! This class features modifications for all fitness types.
- What should I bring?
- Each participant must bring their own yoga mat, water bottle, and face mask. These items are not available on-site.
- What happens if there is inclement weather?
- This event takes place outdoors in the open-air of our African plaza. As such, if the forecast shows rain, we will utilize the rain date of Sunday, August 15, 2021. If the raindate is needed, the decision will be made at least 24 hours in advance and all participants will be notified by email. There are no refunds for this ticket, and weather-related refunds are not granted because there is a rain date available. For this reason, please be sure you can attend both dates, just in case.
- Will masks be required?
- All participants must bring a mask with them. We respectfully ask you to wear a mask when interacting with staff, instructors, and fellow participants at close proximities. Some zoo areas also require masking. During the class, the choice to wear a mask is up to you, as ground markers will keep participants socially distanced from one another (per RI Department of Health requirements).
- Is a waiver required? Will my health conditions preclude me from participating?
- Yes, all participants must sign this waiver before they can participate. This waiver will be emailed to you before the class and must be completed before you enter the zoo. The zoo makes every effort to ensure a safe environment with this thoughtfully planned program, but no responsibility will be taken for any injuries you may incur during this practice. Please consult with your doctor to be sure yoga is safe and suitable for you, particularly if you have any pre-existing conditions.
- What if my family wants to join me at the zoo afterwards?
- We’d love to have them! Right now, RWPZ has a limited on-site capacity, so all tickets must be purchased online in advance. Please be sure to purchase additional tickets for your desired timeslot in advance, beginning as early as 9 AM. Popular times sell out quickly, so book yours today!
- How do I redeem my member discount?
- There is no member discount for this program.
- What if I can no longer make my session?
- Due to the limited nature of this program, refunds and reschedules are unavailable.
- Help! It’s sold out.
- We’ll be back with more sessions, stay tuned! Visit rwpzoo.org for periodic updates.
- I have a question. Who can I contact?
- Please contact the Group Sales team at GSales@rwpzoo.org with any questions you may have!
Tap into your wild side at Brew at the Zoo, an adults-only evening event, and sample more than 170 beers from 80+ local, regional and national brewers. Enjoy live music, animal encounters and more at Rhode Island's largest outdoor beer festival. A complete schedule of this years Brew at the Zoo events and a full map of brewers locations - coming soon!
Date: Saturday, August 28, 2021
Time: VIP Hour 4:00 - 5:00 pm; General Admission 5:00 - 8:00 pm
Pricing: SOLD OUT
- Designated Driver (21+).....$25.00
- 5 PM Adult (21+).....$65.00
- 4 PM VIP Early Entry.....$85.00
Please note: Saturday, August 28, the Zoo opens at 9:00 am, last ticket will be sold at noon, and the Zoo will close at 1:00 pm for Brew at the Zoo. This is a 21+ event, and no person under the age of 21 will be permitted (this includes young children and infants in strollers). All attendees are required to show a valid ID. Rain or shine, tickets are non-refundable.