- Zoo Calendar
- Carousel Villiage Calendar
- At the Carousel
- At the Zoo
- Carousel Hours - Seasonal
- Family & Educational Programs
- Free with Zoo Admission
- Scheduled Closings
- Special Events & Celebrations
- Zoo Camp
- Zoo Hours - Seasonal
April 15 - July 4, 2021 | Tickets on-sale NOW!
Journey through a wonderland of illuminated larger-than-life lanterns inspired by our wild world. From dazzling and interactive displays to delicious Asian-inspired cuisine, this enchanting multicultural experience is sure to delight all ages!
This extraordinary zoo-wide, walk-through event will be held Wednesday – Sunday nights from 5:30 - 10:00 pm with tickets available for purchase online ONLY. Last admission is at 9:00 pm.
The show which is produced by Hanart Culture will feature over 50 spectacular glowing lantern displays, a kids interactive lantern area, savory Asian-inspired cuisine and drinks, hand-crafted keepsakes, and more!
Click HERE for safety guidelines, event details, weather policy, and FAQs.
- The Asian Lantern Spectacular experience is RAIN or SHINE and all tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE ( unless there is a Zoo closure).
- Host a private event - We offer the opportunity for organizations to host private events any night during our Asian Lantern Spectacular. No matter how big or small the event, we can provide you with an exciting evening. For more information, please contact: email@example.com.
- Purchase discounted tickets - We offer special group discounts on Value Night tickets. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yoga with the Elephants/Soulful in the Serengeti
Grab your mat, fill your reusable water bottle, and get ready to relax with a 60-minute yoga session situated alongside our iconic African elephants. Tom McGunigal, the certified yoga instructor will guide you through poses designed to calm your mind and strengthen your body, and the class is designed for ALL fitness levels. After the session, enjoy an informal Q&A with an educator and all-day zoo admission for the class day.
Date: May 22, 2021 (rain date: May 29, 2021)
$35 per person
Each participant must bring their own yoga mat, water bottle, and face mask. All activities are held outside and will take place on a paved surface. You may bring an extra mat for added comfort.
- 7 AM: Check-in
- 7:30 AM: Class begins
- 8:30 AM: Class ends; post-class exhibit talk before guests adventure through the zoo.
- 9 AM: Zoo opens to the public and all attendees can explore the zoo!
This event takes place outdoors in the open-air of our African plaza. If heavy rains are forecasted, the class will be automatically rescheduled to Saturday, May 29, 2021. A decision about rescheduling will be made by the zoo at least 24 hours in advance. All participants will be notified via email, with the change also announced on the zoo's website and Facebook page. As a registrant, be sure you can attend BOTH sessions (May 22 & 29) so you do not miss out! All sales are final, and the zoo will not be granting weather-related refunds, nor will refunds, exchanges, or transfers be possible if you cannot attend the rain date.
Waivers, safety, & youth participation:
All participants must sign a waiver before they can participate. This waiver will be emailed to you before the class and must be completed before you enter the zoo. The zoo makes every effort to ensure a safe environment with this thoughtfully planned program, but no responsibility will be taken for any injuries you may incur during this practice. Please consult with your doctor to be sure yoga is safe and suitable for you, particularly if you have any pre-existing conditions. Additionally, you must be at least 16 years old to attend this experience.
For safety, all participants will be spaced 3 feet apart, in keeping with RI Department of Health guidelines. Because of this spacing, masks will not be required during the class.
Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, as parental consent is required for all minors. Be sure to also read all policies listed on the zoo's website, including general zoo policies and other event-specific information.
Meet the Instructor:
Tom McGunigal, RYT-200, has been practicing yoga for 3 decades and teaches at Thrive Moves in East Greenwich. Creating a lighthearted, optimistic atmosphere in class, Tom's motto is "Beginners are Winners."
Ready to join?
Buy online now! Advanced ticket purchase is required and this event tends to sell out. Tickets will not be sold on-site. Each attendee requires a ticket (see below for age qualifications).
- Who can participate?
- You must be at least 16 years old to attend this experience. Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian, as parental consent is required for all minors.
- What fitness levels can join?
- All fitness levels! This class features modifications for all fitness types.
- What should I bring?
- Each participant must bring their own yoga mat, water bottle, and face mask. These items are not available on-site.
- What happens if there is inclement weather?
- This event takes place outdoors in the open-air of our African plaza. As such, if the forecast shows rain, we will utilize the rain date of Saturday, May 29, 2021. If the raindate is needed, the decision will be made at least 24 hours in advance and all participants will be notified by email. There are no refunds for this ticket, and weather-related refunds are not granted because there is a rain date available. For this reason, please be sure you can attend both dates, just in case.
- Will masks be required?
- All participants must bring a mask with them. We respectfully ask you to wear a mask when interacting with staff, instructors, and fellow participants at close proximities. Some zoo areas also require masking. During the class, the choice to wear a mask is up to you, as ground markers will keep participants socially distanced from one another (per RI Department of Health requirements).
- Is a waiver required? Will my health conditions preclude me from participating?
- Yes, all participants must sign this waiver before they can participate. This waiver will be emailed to you before the class and must be completed before you enter the zoo. The zoo makes every effort to ensure a safe environment with this thoughtfully planned program, but no responsibility will be taken for any injuries you may incur during this practice. Please consult with your doctor to be sure yoga is safe and suitable for you, particularly if you have any pre-existing conditions.
- What if my family wants to join me at the zoo afterwards?
- We’d love to have them! Right now, RWPZ has a limited on-site capacity, so all tickets must be purchased online in advance. Please be sure to purchase additional tickets for your desired timeslot in advance, beginning as early as 9 AM. Popular times sell out quickly, so book yours today!
- How do I redeem my member discount?
- There is no member discount for this program.
- What if I can no longer make my session?
- Due to the limited nature of this program, refunds and reschedules are unavailable.
- Help! It’s sold out.
- We’ll be back with more sessions, stay tuned! Visit rwpzoo.org for periodic updates.
- I have a question. Who can I contact?
- Please contact the Group Sales team at GSales@rwpzoo.org with any questions you may have!