Early childhood education programs at Roger Williams Park Zoo offer a fun, age-appropriate way for parents and their children ages 18 months to 5 years to discover the natural world together. Programs run from September through May, and themes change monthly. A new and exciting experience awaits participants at every class!
These 90-minute programs focus on a special animal or area of the Zoo and present opportunities for adult/child pairs to make discoveries together. Programs include a lesson, activity, a craft, an up-close encounter with one of our education animals and a walk to an exhibit. Please note this program does not include direct interaction with exhibit animals. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Please note: Due to the nature of the program and limited space,
- Additional adults cannot be accommodated.
- Younger or older siblings cannot be accommodated
- Members: $14 per child/adult pair
- Non-members: $42 per child/adult pair
Dates & Themes:
- November 2019 - Snakes Click HERE to Register
- Sat 11/2, 11/9, or 11/16 SOLD OUT..... 9:30 am or 12 pm
- Tues 11/5..... 9:30 am SOLD OUT
- Wed 11/6..... 9:30 am
- Thurs 11/7..... 9:30 am or 1 pm
- Fri 11/8..... 9:30 am
- December 2019 - Giant River Otters Click HERE to Register
- Sat 12/7, 12/14, or 12/21..... 9:30 am or 12 pm
- Tues 12/3..... 9:30 am SOLD OUT
- Wed 12/4..... 9:30 am
- Thurs 12/5..... 9:30 am or 1 pm
- Fri 12/6..... 9:30 am
- January 2020 - Komodo Dragon Click HERE to Register
- Sat 1/4, 1/11, or 1/18..... 9:30 am or 12 pm
- Tues 1/7..... 9:30 am
- Wed 1/8..... 9:30 am
- Thurs 1/9..... 9:30 am or 1 pm
- Fri 1/10..... 9:30 am
- February 2020 - Birds of Prey Click HERE to Register
- Sat 2/1 or 2/8..... 9:30 am or 12 pm
- Tues 2/4..... 9:30 am
- Wed 2/5..... 9:30 am
- Thurs 2/6..... 9:30 am or 1 pm
- Fri 2/7..... 9:30 am
Please note: These Preschool Adventures programs does not include direct interaction with exhibit animals.
Pre-registration is required and ends 48 hours prior to the program. Refunds are only given if the program is cancelled by the Zoo. Requests to transfer the date of your registration must be received at least 48 hours in advance. A $5 fee will be charged when any change is made.
Please note that a minimum of 5 program participants is required to run a class. Participants will be notified one week before the scheduled class if a class has to be cancelled due to low enrollment.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (401) 785-3510 ext. 358.
This exciting 45-minute concert specifically geared towards our youngest Zoo guests promises to be fun for the whole family. The Rock-a-Baby trio will introduce the true stars of their show – “Rhythm, Melody and Harmony” - three silly and entertaining puppets who know a lot about music. Playing everything from well-known children’s songs to rock and pop classics - shake, dance and sing along as we explore fun musical concepts, play games, and boogie down.
Time: 10:30am - 11:15am (all concerts)
Price: $7.00 per participant (age 2 & older) Pre-Registration is required.
Dates & Themes:
- October 26 - Halloween Hop *two shows 10:30 am Click HERE to Register and 12:00 pm Click HERE to Register
- November 9 - Leaf Peepin' the Colors of Fall Click HERE to Register
- January 18 - Jump into Winter Click HERE to Register
- February 8 - Water, Water Everywhere Click HERE to Register
Please note: There are no refunds unless the Zoo cancels the program. We must receive requests to transfer the date of your registration at least 48 hours in advance. We cannot guarantee your requests that may be dependent upon availability. If there are any changes to your registration, there is a $5 fee.
This program fee does not include Zoo admission. You must purchase Zoo tickets at the Zoo entrance on the day of the concert. If you are a Zoo member, you may use your membership to enter the Zoo, so your only expense will be the Rock-a-Baby program fee! To be placed on a wait-list, please contact email@example.com or call (401) 785-3510 ext. 358
In 2019, the Zoo received over 220 art submissions from talented local students from all across New England in celebration of Endangered Species Day. Each child detailed the importance of saving endangered/threatened species and a passion for conserving wildlife. Check out last year's winning artwork on display in the Zoo's Hasbro's Our Big Backyard.