Early childhood education programs at Roger Williams Park Zoo offer a fun, age-appropriate way for parents and their children ages 3 to 5 to discover the natural world together. Programs run from September through May, and themes change monthly. A new and exciting experience awaits participants at every class!
These programs present opportunities for adult/child pairs to make discoveries together. Programs include free play, a lesson, activity, craft, and an encounter with one of our ambassador animals. Please note this program does not include direct interaction with exhibit animals. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Cost: $14 per adult child/pair (member); $42 (non-member)
Location: Education Center (Not Zoolab)
Theme: Snow Leopard
- January 15 - 9:30am or 12:00pm
- January 22 - 9:30am or 12:00pm
- January 28 - 9:30am
- Register Here >
- February 11 – 9:30 AM
- February 12 – 9:30 AM
- February 19 – 9:30 AM
- Register Here >
- When indoors, masks are required for all participants (children and adults).
- Masks will be required outdoors when 3 feet of distance cannot be maintained.
- Masks are required for all guests in the Rainforest exhibit and for unvaccinated guests in all other buildings.
Please note: All masking and distancing requirements are subject to change at any time. If any changes are implemented, you will be notified prior to your scheduled class.
Due to covid guidelines, we have a strict capacity limit. NO extra adults or siblings will be allowed to attend the program. Your registration is for one child and one adult.
Participants will enter the Zoo through our Security Gate (directions will be included in confirmation) starting 10 minutes prior to the start of the program.
Pre-registration is required and ends 48 hours prior to the program. Refunds are only given if the program is cancelled by the Zoo. Requests to transfer the date of your registration must be received at least 48 hours in advance. A $5 fee will be charged when any change is made.
Please note that a minimum number of program participants is required to run a class. Participants will be notified 48 hours before the scheduled class if a class has to be cancelled due to low enrollment.
If a class is cancelled by the zoo, a full refund will be issued.
These programs present opportunities for adult/child pairs to make discoveries together. These virtual programs will include a lesson, activity, an up-close encounter with one of our education animals live on Zoom. Children must be accompanied by an adult during the duration of the program.
Cost: $13 member; $15 non-member; additional sibling on same screen $5
Platform/Location: Classes will take place on Zoom
Theme: Creature Communication - Join us on Thursdays in February as we discover some of the different ways that animals talk to each other. From daring dance moves to crazy colors, it is sure to be a great time as we explore more about some amazing creatures together. Sign-up for one or all 3!
- February 3rd at 9:30am. Why do chameleons change color? Join us as we discover how the amazing colors of some animals can mean more than we think! Register Here >
- February 10th at 9:30am. What’s that smell? It could be an animal telling you to stay back or a creature trying to send you an important message! Together we will explore some of the smelliest ways animals communicate. Register Here >
- February 17th at 9:30am. Did you know flamingos dance to find a mate? We will learn more about them and other incredible dancers of the animal kingdom as we explore how dancing can be a way of communicating. Register Here >
Please Note: Children must be accompanied by an Adult for the duration of the program.
If a parent is looking to register siblings who will be sharing the same device, please reach out to us at Programs@rwpzoo.org to receive your discount after registration as a refund.
Pre-registration is required. Refunds are only given if the program is cancelled by the Zoo. Requests to transfer registration to a different day/time must be received at least 48 hours in advance. A $5 fee will be charged when any change is made.
Participants will be notified 48 hours in advance if a class has to be cancelled due to low enrollment.